[B&W Announce] Who can remember...?

helen beaufoy helenbeaufoy at outlook.com
Wed Dec 27 20:11:54 GMT 2023

Hello Everybody,  Happy New Year!  I have a nice little job for you for a wet and windy evening.

Who can remember Charlie Wainright?   Gordon Rendell has written a piece for our Branch Newsletter about the somewhat eccentric things that Charlie used to do.  We could do with a photo of him  to go with this article.  Has anyone got one that we could use?

Gordon mentions a Quarter Peal at Culmstock that was rung for a wedding.   Charlie drove the ringers there in his Rolls Royce and then he drove the bride to the church while the others rang a Quarter.  The band was Charles and Clare Pipe-Wolferstan, Will and Maggie Willans and Derek Beaufoy and Gordon and two more.  Can anyone supply the missing names?  I have looked in Derek's records but he only recorded peals.

With thanks,  and best wishes, Helen