[B&W Announce] Fwd: Guidance update for England

Jan Wyatt janwyatt at live.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 10:17:19 BST 2021

Message from CCCBR below
Jan

From: Simon Linford <simon.linford at cccbr.org.uk<mailto:simon.linford at cccbr.org.uk>>
Date: 13 July 2021 at 21:51:09 BST
To: "change-ringers at bellringers.org<mailto:change-ringers at bellringers.org>" <change-ringers at bellringers.org<mailto:change-ringers at bellringers.org>>, All Members <allmembers at cccbr.org.uk<mailto:allmembers at cccbr.org.uk>>, CC Societies <CCSocieties at cccbr.org.uk<mailto:CCSocieties at cccbr.org.uk>>
Subject: Guidance update for England

I realise many ringers in England are eager to hear what the guidance will be from next Monday so I would like to explain what the timetable is and why nothing has appeared yet.
Although we drafted guidance last week in anticipation, in the form of a revised version of the one page summary guidance, the House of Bishops Recovery Group with whom we liaise is not yet able to confirm any guidance updates until after a meeting between the Places of Worship Taskforce and the Ministry for Housing, Communities & Local Government on Thursday. After that meeting the Places of Worship guidance overall will be finalised, and we will be able to finalise and publish ours.

We had a call with the Recovery Group today and they said the principal uncertainty is around the wearing of facemasks. It is not yet clear whether churches are going to be one of the settings where the wearing of facemasks is ‘expected’. There are many considerations such as congregational singing. They said that their guidance will not try to impose anything more than Government guidance suggests, but they will still be on the cautious side.

I will put a draft of the one page summary guidance on the website tomorrow after I have updated it for today’s conversation.

Simon Linford
.